Don’t just make a donation—make a difference
Offering giving opportunities that support older adults.
Our goal is to help connect your passions and your gifts to make a meaningful impact that brings joy to you and to those we serve. Remember, your gifts are used for your intended purpose. As a nonprofit organization with 501 (c) (3) status, the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation gratefully accepts:
- Annual Gifts- Monetary gifts made by check or credit card by mail, phone, or click here to make a secure online donation.
- Matching Gifts- If you work for a company that matches gifts, your contribution could be doubled or even tripled to provide even more assistance for the older adults we serve.
- Tribute Gift- A gift to the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation is a special way to remember or honor loved ones, especially for those who have had a connection with Brio Living Services, while supporting the needs of older adults.
- Stock Gifts- Gifts of publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value allow you to avoid capital gains taxes while also receiving a tax deduction for your gift. Plus, you may specify the area you would like the proceeds to support (such as Benevolent Care or Capital Improvements) or contribute them to our Unrestricted Fund to be used where needed most. The Foundation benefits by selling the stock without paying taxes on the gain, and you benefit from making a contribution that may be larger than what you might have been able to donate in cash.
Before a transfer of stock is made, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following are the DTC instructions for the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation for the transfer of stock.
Custodian: SEI Private Trust Company
DTC Participant #: 2039
Institution #: 94952
Agent Internal Account #: 11102-C
Interested Party Account Name: UMRC Foundation
Interested Party Account Number: 210072-STK
- Gift from your IRA – If you are 70 1/2 years or older, making a gift from your IRA may provide tax benefits. Consult your financial advisor to learn more.
- Life Lease or Entrance Fee – If you are a resident with a Life Lease or Entrance Fee, you may want to join your neighbors and donate some or all of your refundable portion.
- Planned Giving – Leave a lasting legacy of caring for older adults through a gift in your estate plan or other planned gift. Click here to learn more.
Click here to donate online, or contact the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation at 734.433.1000 ext. 7502 (east) or 616.577.2297 (west) or contact us online.
Making a charitable donation to the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation is as easy as clicking, calling, or sending in by mail. See the options below to get started:
- Online: click here to make a secure online gift via credit card
- Telephone: Please call the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation office at 734.433.1000 ext. 7502 (east) or 616.577.2297 (west) Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Mail: UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation
East: 805 W. Middle St., Chelsea MI 48118
West: 1049 E. Paris Avenue SE, Grand Rapids MI 49546
If you wish to make a gift of stock or other securities, please call 734.433.1000 ext. 7502 (east) or 616.577.2297 (west) for transfer instructions.