August is Make a Will Month!
Pat loved the Tigers, her family, and her friends at her Brio Living Services community. Thanks to a gift in her will to the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation’s Benevolent Care Fund, Pat’s loving legacy continues to provide care for our qualified residents who outlive their savings.
You, TOO, can leave a lasting legacy!
August is Make a Will month, and what better time to think about how you can support your loved ones—and your favorite charitable organization—for years to come.
Michigan is a state filled with generous people, like Pat, with more than 80% of Michigan households making charitable contributions every year. Yet, according to a recent study by Michigan State University, only 43% of Michiganders have a will. Of those, only 21% have included a bequest to charity.
Maybe you’ve never been asked to consider a gift in your will. Well, now might be the perfect time!
- There’s no time like the present! Life tends to slow down a bit in the “dog days” of summer. That makes August the perfect time to create or update your will before life gets busy again in the fall.
- There’s no doubt you need one! You don’t have to be wealthy to have a will. An up-to-date will ensures that your loved ones are provided for and can also be an excellent way to continue to support the causes and ministries you have cared about throughout your life.
- There’s no better gift to your family! Having a will in place offers many practical aspects, including naming an executor, designating guardians, and saving your family time, money, and stress. It also has the meaningful benefits of communicating the values that are important to you and the ministries you love—like the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation.
Big or small, a bequest in your will can make a lasting difference in the lives that follow.
A gift in your will to the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation:
- Costs you nothing today
- Makes a difference in the lives of older adults
- Still allows you to take care of your family
To learn more about how you can leave a legacy of caring for the older adults we serve at our Brio Living Services communities, whether through a bequest or other type of planned gift, contact Dustie M. Wiggins, Director of Legacy Giving, for the UMRC-Porter Hills Foundation at DWiggins@UMRCPH.org or 616.737.6328.
Or you may Donate Now and make a difference in the lives of older adults today! Thank you!